New Member From Connecticut

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Davetut019, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Davetut019

Davetut019 New Member

Hello Everyone.

I've been lurking around for a few months now, and decided to introduce myself. My name is Dave and I'm in Connecticut. I am returning to the GM camp after spending the last 16 driving my Dodge. I had always had a GM. From my first GMC S-15 Jimmy, to my 1991 full size Blazer (which had always been my favorite) to a bevy of Chevys that my then wife drove while I had my Dodge. I got her a 98 Blazer, an 04 TrailBlazer and an 07 Tahoe. I kept the Tahoe after the divorce, but the payment got to be too much, so I had to get rid of it. I still had the Dodge, and it is paid off, so I just drove that. It has 10 inches of lift, sitting on 37's, not the most practical daily driver, but it is what it is.

Fast forward a few years. I got myself back on track, and decided to get something better suited for the family that I have. After a few months of looking, I ended up getting myself a 2004 2500 Suburban. it has 83,000 miles, and is in excellent shape. So far, I really like it. After all the stuff I threw in the Dodge, I'm keeping this one pretty much stock. So far the only thing I've added is a Banks air intake system. I would like to do a leveling kit and go a little bigger then the 245's that are on there now. But as I know all to well, once it starts going up, it gets hard to stop. It was easy on the Dodge with the solid front axle, but I'm not too sure about the IFS I have now. We'll see what happens down the road.

I use to be on the Dodge forums a lot a few years ago, and met a lot of great people from there. I hope to get back into the swing of things here. It has been a while.

That is my story in a nutshell. Hope to get to talking to some of you in the months to come.

Thanks.

Dave.

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. Surprised the Dodge lasted this long (joke! I like those old Dodges but don't tell anyone I said that). Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing more from you, got a great group of people here.

3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. You'll find that there are a lot of great GM enthusiasts on here. Where in CT are you? I have friends up off of 84, and get to Norwalk once in awhile.

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Dave, good to have you as part of our family. :glasses:

5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Welcome to the club, I'm sure you will meet plenty of great people here as well.

6. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club Dave from canada. Cant wait to see some pics of the new ride and hopefully we can help with any question in the near future

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

8. jfk

jfk Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the site.

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:

10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. You've had a lot of GMs in your life. Too bad it got broken up by the dodge. =p Sorry, but you have to expect it on the gm forum. Sounds like you've got a beast in the making in that burb. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Good to have you around.