New member from fl with a few questions

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by WhiteRam, Apr 12, 2011.

1. WhiteRam

WhiteRam New Member

i currently own a ram 1500, but im looking to buy a 02 or newer duramax, and joined here to find out what to look out for, (i.e. "53" block problem with the cummins) i wanna know what to watch out for before i spend $20k+ on a truck. also no im not getting rid of the ram, i plan on buying the duramax as a second vehicle.

im also looking to find out what the differences in model codes are from the lt to the ls. i search the site before i joined, and turned up no results. any info will be greatly appreciated.

also if anyone here in fl has done buisness with gibson, nations or knights truck centers i would like more info on them as well.

hopefully with the help of everyone here ill be the proud new owner of a duramax in a month or 2

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

3. WhiteRam

WhiteRam New Member

thanks. are there any common problems with these trucks?

4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard! I'm not quite sure how to answer your question but I would recommend posting it in one of the tech sub-forums. You'll be more likely to get a good response.

5. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the club

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.

7. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club, good luck with your hunt

8. WhiteRam

WhiteRam New Member

well i certainly feel welcomed here. i guess ill be posting in the tech section, im still learning the site as it is layed out much differently than other forums im on.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

10. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard, yes the layout is a bit different but actually more user friendly i have found over other forums that is once you have got an idea of what your looking at.