New member from New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by tripowerbird, Jan 17, 2010.

1. tripowerbird

tripowerbird New Member

Been on the site for awhile but never did an introduction. Currently own an ’05 Suburban 1500 LT, white with pewter interior and every possible option. I bought it used with 83k miles but looking at it you’d never know. It now has 92k miles. It replaced my 01 Silverado Z71 1500 ext cab 4wd with 83k on the clock. The Silverado was rusting away at the seams even though it was well maintained. I ended up replacing both rockers since they were literally rusting away. The remainder of the body was perfect, just the rockers were falling apart.

Previously I had an 87 K10 Silverado longbed, and before that an 85 K10 Silverado longbed. While I have no brand loyalty I lean toward GM products primarily as the quality has always been there for me.

I refuse to buy new, instead buying only well maintained and documented used. I picked up my last 3 vehicles, Suburban, Cadillac and 4Runner for less than the sticker on the Cadillac when new. Let someone else take the depreciation it. I do most of my own work, including bodywork and paint. Decided a long time ago it was better to learn a skill then to pay someone else. My current projects, both the El Camino and Monte Carlo, can be seen on the link below as well as my previous project, 67 tripower Firebird. Thus the username, TRIPOWERBIRD.

Currently I own:
    1969 El Camino Custom, silver w/blue bucket seats, console, tilt, 350 4bbl, turbo 400, a/c.
    1971 Monte, '86 GM flame red metallic, black cloth bucket seat interior, '92 350 TPI, M20 4spd, 3:36 posi, pw, pdl, power seat, power trunk, tilt, AC.
    2001 Cadillac Seville STS, Silver with grey interior (my commuter vehicle)
    2005 Suburban 1500 LT, White with pewter interior (weekend ride)
    2005 Toyota 4runner Limited, Silver with grey interior (my wife’s)

I’m now on the hunt for a low mileage 2005 or 2006 GTO 6spd to replace my Cadillac as the daily driver.

Chris
    http://picasaweb.google.com/tripowerbird

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the site.

3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!!

4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

7. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sounds like a great looking garage, welcome to the club!

8. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club!!