1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Member from NJ

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ecso586, Jun 7, 2012.

1. ecso586

ecso586 New Member

Hello everyone I am Joe and bought my first truck let alone Chavy in December 2011. I picked up a 2011 Silverado 1500 LT crew cab with the Z71 package. Love the truck to death....have wanted one for 5 years....not the most attractive guy so took a lot of time working the corner to save my pennies. Anyways I have started to modify the truck with the basics. BedRug bedliner, 15% tints on the front windows, 5% tinit stip on windshield, in channel window vent guards, bug deflector, and a Truxedo sport rollup cover. My goal is to "murder" out the truck for the most part. I have chrome rims and chrom tube bars on the sides which I don't plan on changing at least any time soon because of money. This weekend I will be removing the dealer decals, flex fuel decal and the Z71 patch for sure. Contemplating the other badges to black it out but no 100% yet (hoping there is no ghosting or paint shade difference when the are removed....crossing fingers). Hopefully by next year I will have fender flares and grille guard. Not sure if I am going full guard or bull bar....leaning more towards full. The truck is used as a truck, hauls, tows, and is in the woods for hunts and fishing trips. Any ideas and help with decal removal would be great. Thanks
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:sign0016: Where in NJ are you?
  3. ecso586

ecso586 New Member

From Morris County. Pretty much north central part.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great: It sounds like you're on your way, Joe; have you posted an album with some pics of your baby, yet?

Regarding decal removal, take a heat gun or hair dryer to the decal, beginning at the edges (and working toward the center of the decal) ... lifting the decal slowly (so-as not to tear it) away from the vehicle as the adhesive releases. Remove as much of the decal as possible in this manner, then take some Goo Gone to what remains and carefully remove the remainder. Once it's fully removed, go over your paint with water to make sure no residue from the Goo Gone remains. Be careful not to overheat the decal or paint when using the head gun or hair dryer, as the decal will melt and well, your paint worry should be obvious.
  5. ecso586

ecso586 New Member

I have not posted pictures yet well because they are on my cell phone and haven't uploaded them to the computer as of yet. I will as soon as possible. As for the decals. The truck is a year old think I will have a problem with paint fade or anything of the sorts?
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd hope not for a one year old truck.
  7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:Welcome to the club and enjoy the site......
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you wanna take a trip over to me in Bergen County by Paramus, One night I have a heat gun and all the stuff needed to take them off.. Pm me and we can set something up..
  9. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:
  10. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Post pics when you can.