1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New member from OHIO!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by browning2000chevy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. browning2000chevy

browning2000chevy New Member

Hey everyone, Just bought a 2000 chevy silverado. i got alittle problem with it. it seems to be running at high idle. about 1500-2000 rpms when in park or neutral. hard shifts and doesnt want to shift until 3000 rpms on light throttle. i have a k&n cold air intake on it. any takes on how i can fix my problem. I have been told a numerous amount of things like tps, maf, and iac valve but the OBDII does not have any codes. please help me!!!! i love this truck. 158000 miles and runs and looks great. CAM00095.jpg CAM00094.jpg
  2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! And you have a nice looking ride. My suggestion for help with your problem(s) is to look around on the various forums here and start posting as appropriate. It's a good way to learn, you will get more exposure with a better chance of an answer. Don't be afraid to use the search feature. And lastly, jump in and have some fun!
  3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Good advice from "goldie", have fun!
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!!!

lots of cheap fixes to this problem, and lots of expensive ones too. All of the sensors mentioned can be cleaned for literally a couple dollars, don't replace those until you at least clean them and see if it makes a difference.

Tps clean with carb cleaner
    maf clean with crc Maf cleaner
    iac clean with carb ccleaner
    throttle body plate clean with crc throttle body cleaner

if you replace ALL of these sensors, your lookin at least a couple hundred dollars.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! Others who have responded have already provided stellar advice. :)
  7. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Just wanted to welcome you to the club, from ohio