1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new member from pelham, alabama

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by pelhamjeff, Jun 11, 2012.

1. pelhamjeff

pelhamjeff New Member

Howdy and happy monday to everybody! I am the proud owner of a 90 c1500, 2wd lwb pickup, my first fuel injected truck! I got it cheap with a bad engine a couple of years ago and put a Jasper 350 in it (money well spent), and have enjoyed it every time I allow myself to drive it! Recently I had the bed off to perform a frame repair after a prius rearended me. While the bed was off, I fabbed a set of dual exhaust to replace the crappy cat back system I got the truck with, and for mufflers, I used a pair of glasspacks off an older truck. Well, these mufflers make more noise than I can live with, so I'm trying to decide what to replace them with. I like a fairly noisey exhaust system, but the "blatting" noise is what I want to get rid of! So what do you guys with similar trucks with true dual exhaust like for mufflers? Thanks for reading, and any advice is appreciated!
  2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  4. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, it's good to have you. :glasses:
  5. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, enjoy the site. I have been looking myself I think I am going with. I have been looking at Thrush Glass pack or turbo from one of our sites sponsors (auto parts warehouse). They give good deal for members. Check them out and no I do not work for them. Good luck let me know what you end up with.
  6. pelhamjeff

pelhamjeff New Member

Thanks guys and thanks for the advice, Tim! I like the sound of turbo mufflers and will check out the price of those mufflers. Wondering if I posted this in the right place now...
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:
  8. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

*** @pelhamjeff
    No, you did not post this in the right place; you posted in new member introduction. You could have posted it here:
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/17564-Chevy-C-K-Truck-Forum#axzz1xfpy7q4o
    or
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/17726-Performance-amp-Fuel#axzz1xfpy7q4o
    this is something that take time to figure out. You just need to play around here and you will figure it out. Everyone does it at first.
    If you go through one of our sponsors you could get 10% off plus free shipping. Go to sponsors at toward the bottom of form page. Click on it, there might be a contact person in one of the top threads. If you need some help just let me know.
  9. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome...................................
  10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!