Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new member from s.e. kansas

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by halfpint33, Dec 24, 2011.

1. halfpint33

halfpint33 New Member

My name is Gary Westervelt and live in Columbus,Ks.Just bought an '01 Tahoe 4x4 yesterday with 149,000 miles on it.
    [​IMG]

Had a '97 Z71 until this past Sunday when a lady didn't see me and pulled out in front of me
    [​IMG]
    Luckily neither of us were hurt but both vehicles were totaled.That is the reason for the Tahoe being bought.ALready found the answer to a couple questions I had about the Tahoe so this looks the place to be for Chevy answers:great:

2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Im glad nobody was hurt and sorry for your loss!!!

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

that z71 is deffentally not totaled, unless the frame is twisted. of course repairs would cost more than what its worth but worth it to save the truck.
    btw im very familiar with tahoes so if u got any questions feel free to ask me :).

4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard! Glad no one was hurt. Talk to me about what is going to happen to the 97. I have a 98 and I bet you have some parts that would work for me. Obviously the front end and air bags are not going to be reused.

The Hoe looks great and at 149,000, you got a lot of life left in her.

5. halfpint33

halfpint33 New Member

Yea it's totaled.Gonna cost more to fix it than it's worth.I was gonna buy it back from the insurance and rebuild it.I have a buddy who is an awesome body man.He shot me an estimate with parts only,no labor.Gonna cost more than I wanted to spend on it being it had 225,000 miles on it.Insurance gave a check for $6500 so I took it.

6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

ah makes sense, srry that u lost ur truck. but at least you got 6500 for it

7. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! very glad no one got hurt in the accident looks like you got a pretty good replacement for your old truck

8. halfpint33

halfpint33 New Member

Thanks.I'm pleases with it so far.Can't beat a Chevy IMO:great:

9. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Merry Christmas and welcome to the club, sorry about the truck glad no one was hurt..

10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC and Merry Christmas!