New member from Sweden with a few questions regarding my Yukon XL

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Ziggy, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy New Member

Hi all,
    Ziggy from Stockholm Sweden here. (therefor poor english).
    Seems to be a great forum.
    I just got a 07 Yukon XL SLT. Very happy with the truck so far.
    I came from a Porsche Cayenne S and before that The Landcruiser 100. Of course different kind of cars. But i must say that i love the roomingness and quite and comfortable ride of the GMC.
    The Yukon is not sold over here. The few there are are imported from the US/Canada. I have actually never seen another Yukon XL over here.
    The Suburban and Tahoe are much more common.
    I will post pictures later on.
    A few questions:
    - If i would like to put the Denali grill and roofrails on my truck. Would they fit and where is the best place to shop? Used is ok.
    - Do exterior stuff like the rear lights from Escalade fit?
    - Other than this site, can you recommend any other active Suburban/Yukon forum?
    - What is the best place to search for wheels for my truck?

thanks a lot
    Ziggy

2. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club! Glad to have you! Not sure about your questions, but somebody should be able to shed some light soon.

3. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome aboard. To get your questions answered more quickly you may want to post them in the Appearance and Aftermarket section if you haven't already.

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Ziggy, welcome to the GM truck club. I think your English is very good,:great: so no worries there. I doubt that more than 5% of us on here can even speak a second language, so you are way ahead of us. I don't know about body modifications so I can't answer your questions, but somebody here will be able to.

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Ziggy.

7. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ziggy- try online salvage yards in the USA for parts.
    Yukon XLs are EXTREMELY COMMON over here, so it will be easy enough to find XL Yukon Denali parts.
    The Suburban is the same truck, so most parts will interchange- it doesn't come in as fancy a trim level as the Denali unfortunately.

The Escalade-ESV- is close to the same as the Yukon XL, but it isn't a twin like the Yukon XL/Suburbans are.
    Try Ebay for wheels- of course your factory stock aluminum alloy wheels are pretty good from a functional point of view. You probably could get Escalade take off wheels on Ebay that will bolt right on and lok pretty fancy. The shipping cost would be Horrible-maybe $500 for just the shipping plus whatever import duties your country hits you with.
    The Escalade rear tail lights probably aren't bolt on replacements.The Denali stuff probably is bolt on.
    Other more experienced folks will chime in.
    Charlie

8. Ziggy

Ziggy New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Also thanks for the information and replies to my questions.
    Ok, good idea to check online salvage yards. Other than the help i might get from my friend google, any suggestions for good salvage yards?
    Like KWG08VMI said, i should also try the aftermarket section here.

Ziggy

9. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Ziggy, try other members' suggestions, then you can also try cross-referencing matching part #'s to see if both vehicles carry the same standard parts. welcome to the site, and hope you find lots and learn lots as well ( Brian from Ontario, Canada )

10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !