new member from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Tagerman, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Tagerman

Tagerman Member

Hello!

I'm from Chattanooga, TN and I love my old Chevy truck. I'm a mechanic for Honda by trade but my heart lies with the bow tie. I have owned this truck for quite a few years and it has always been good to me. The truck is a 1987 Chevrolet R10 Silverado. It is a survivor non restored. It was always kept in a garage before I owned it and now I keep it in one. The interior is as it was when it was new except for a separated seam in the drivers seat and the dash rug to keep my dash from cracking. It still has the original push button radio/tape deck. The options on the truck include power windows and door locks, interval wipers, tilt wheel, and cruise control. The paint looks decent but the clear coat is starting to fade. The camper shell is the original tri glass camper shell installed at the dealership in Dothan, AL. It matches the white center stripe in the paint. It has not been removed except for cleaning. The bed paint is mint, not a scratch or dent in the bed. The body has one dent where a broom fell in the garage. There is no rust on the truck at all and I intend to keep it this way. It has 125,000 original miles and since it is my daily driver they will continue to climb. Glad to join your forum and hope to get tons of great advice and see many awesome trucks!
    -Trent

[​IMG]

2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Welcome :great:

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!

4. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

welcome, awesome truck.

5. Tagerman

Tagerman Member

thanks, i know its a Grandpa truck but it smells like hydrocarbons and a barn and I love it haha

6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!

7. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

8. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I love the 87 chevy's myself.

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

10. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site:yipi: