1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New member from TEXAS!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by BigDaddy7051, May 5, 2012.

1. BigDaddy7051

BigDaddy7051 New Member

Hello!! New to the group, looking to find out info on my new baby! 2012 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4!! I'm truly in love!!

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... congrats on your new truck and welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:

3. BigDaddy7051

BigDaddy7051 New Member

Beautiful truck. I myself am looking to lift mine. A friend did a rough country lift. Have you heard anything bad about them? Seemed. Cheaper than the others but will it hold up?

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks for the compliment.

The lift you pick obviously depends on several factors, with budget and application being chief among them. In the 6" lift department many folks have Rough Country lifts and like them. I personally would use RC for primarily street truck applications, and would spend a little more for Fabtech or BDS if I were going to be running a 6" lift on the trail or off-road a good bit. Skyjacker and ProComp run a close second. Avoid Tough Country lifts. Also know that the shocks that come with most lift kits are common complaints about them, so you may want to plan for a different set of shocks, in advance, and put them on when you do the lift. In the 4" department SST and Readylift seem to be common, budget-minded choices.

You can find more information using the Search feature on the forum ... as well as in the Lifted& Offroad Suspension section of the forum.

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, I hope you enjoy the site. Congratulations on the new truck. :glasses:

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your truck. I'm looking forward to getting some pics. As Surreal said, if you're looking at a lift, check out the Lifted and Offroad section as there's a lot of good threads in there. And if you have a question that isn't answered in any of them, don't hesitate to post away.

8. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:Welcome to the club and enjoy the site......

9. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the thread bud! Always glad to see a fellow Texan here! Nice choice on the pickup also, looking forward to seeing that beauty progress and grow! Any information you're looking for.. i'll bet youll be able to find here! There's lots of experience and knowledge here to be shared!

This is an amazing site to be a part of!
    :sign0021:

10. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. You've come to the right spot.