1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Member Hello!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by BillM, Sep 23, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi! My Name is Bill. I am a retired electrician. I have a 2003 Tahoe Z71 that looks stock. The suspension has been modified with Edelbrock trailing arms and panhard rod, Eibach swaybars, and Monroe Reflex shocks. It has a 5.3 with JBA headers, K&N cold air intake, MSD coils, and a 1900 Magnacharger TVS supercharger. I like the way that I have almost hidden the intercooler heat exchanger, so that "Big Red" looks mundane. I blew the transmission, and now have a stronger 4L60E with better and more clutches, a shift kit, and a slightly higher tall speed converter.
  2. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome, sounds like you have one sweet a$$ ride. Throw some pics on here so we can check that thing out. What do you think you got out of adding the MSD Coils? I was told they were fine if I had a drag racer, but pretty useless for my daily driver.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!!
  4. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

I will try to get some pictures on here soon. I was told that the MSD coils were not reliable and did not add to the performance. However, I could not get the Tahoe registered in California with them installed. I had the stock coils and put them on for the inspection. There was an appreciable loss in performance, so after the inspection I put the MSDs back on. That was 2 years ago. They still work great for me.
  5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I would also love to see some pics,welcome to the club Bill!
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a sleeper, looks stock but you can probably blow the doors off a few vehicles out there. I bet you have some fun with it. :) Have you put it on the dyno?
  7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Bill. Sounds like a nice Tahoe. How about some pictures of BigRed.
  10. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes, it was dyno'd, along with an HP Tune. It was kind of disappointing, though. It only registers 317 rear wheel HP at 6,057 RPM, but the torque is 322 foot pounds flat from 3000 RPM to 6000. This "Big Red" behemoth really moves, and at any speed will throw you back in the seat, when you punch it. The top speed limiter has also been removed.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I don't know how this works, so I created a public album. I put two pictures of the engine there? Does that work? Or, do I need to put the pictures some where else?