1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New member i have a 2008 silverado and im trying to see what would be my next upgrade

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Chr1sL, Oct 22, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Chr1sL

Chr1sL New Member

i have a dropped silverado v8 4.8 engine. 22 in rims with a sound system and custom bumper. what do you guys think i should do next to my truck, i wanna make it faster but dont know what should i start with. Any suggestions? Aviary Photo_130242875011615353.jpg
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

First off welcome to the club.

Second, the most common things are intake and exhaust followed by a tune. As far as tunes custom is better than run of the mill generic store bought one. [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] on here sells custom tunes (diablew tunes). There is also blackbear which is an ECU swap tune. Both are vendors on here.

Also if you repost the question in the performance section you will get more replies to it.
  3. Chr1sL

Chr1sL New Member

what would be the best intake? i hear the k&N is really good?
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There will be plenty of opinions. Voolant, K&N, Airaid, Banks etc. I have had an airaid and ended up keeping the tube and putting the stock box back in with an AMSoil filter in it. Got tired of getting water in the intake with the CAI. I still can get water in the box but its easy to throw in a cheap paper filter to go play in the water/mud then drop in the AMSoil when I am done to have a high flow with higher filtration as compared to the k&n and airaid. Still throw around the idea of a banks system or Voolant who both use sealed boxes. With banks they are expensive but they sell the intake headers and exhaust and have a proven track record.
  5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

I've had 3 NNBS Silverado trucks, the first having a 4.8 and the others with the 5.3 and I've used two different types with similar results from both.

In my 4.8 I had an Airaid CAI and got great results from it. It's a wet filter element, just like a K&N
    In my 2009 I used the K&N kit and in my 2008 now I have the Airaid again.

The only difference I've found between the two kits was the price. Airaid was cheaper for basically the exact same thing you can get from K&N.
  6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

Chr1sL,

Hello and welcome to the forum! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that GM Customer Care is here on the forum. We are happy to assist if you ever have any general questions or concerns about GM products. We are only a private message away!

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

How much $$ are you planning on spending?
  8. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Without some engine modifications (exhaust, cam, headers, etc.) a tune only is not going to make your vehicle that much faster. A tune may gain you ~15HP at best, but I doubt you'll feel the difference.

A tune designed with 93 gas in mind will net you better HP gains than a tune with 87 octane.