1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New member in SC with question.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by orangeggg, Jan 12, 2009.

1. orangeggg

orangeggg New Member

I currently own a 2003 Yukon XL. I am looking at purchasing a 1959 100 pickup. I have found one I like and but I have a question about the dash. The speedometer is in the "V" shaped chrome trim. I know this is correct for a Chevrolet. I thought the GMC had a different gauge cluster. The cab is a GMC but the dash may have been replaced with a Chevy dash. Does anyone know if GMC also had the "V" shaped speedometr? Thanks.
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Actually I remember when my Dad bought a new '59 Fleetside GMC. It had the "V" shaped dash. It also had the 389 V8 & Hydromatic tranny. It was still setting on a friend's farm a couple of years ago, when I was up in that part of the country. Good project!
  3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site!
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome! Good luck on your search!
  6. orangeggg

orangeggg New Member

Thanks for the input. After a little more research I found that GMC did offer one version of the dash with the "V" speedometer in the last half of 1959 only. Thanks again.
  7. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!