1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Member in TX

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by blackedoutduramax, Jul 25, 2010.

1. blackedoutduramax

blackedoutduramax New Member

Hey Everyone,

I've been working for the past year and half slowly tricking out my 08 2500HD CC Z71 Duramax. I started with leveling keys and rims and tires. Year later upgraded to the Pro Comp 6" lift. And a few odds and ends in between. But since the lift was installed vibration and shake probs. have started. Tried everything I could think of to resolve it on my own with no success. So now I have decided to turn to you guys out there to see if any of ya'll have any suggestions or knowledge to help with the issues. And also to help someone else from trying the fixes i have tried that didn't work. Look forward to talking with ya'll. Thanks.

Later.
    :glasses:

2. gig'em

gig'em Member

I was talking to one of the guys at mike's off road in Fort Worth tho other day and he said that if you level the front any more than 2" it makes it impossible to align the font end. If your keys are more than 2" that cold be causing some problems.
    Hope you can figure out the problems, and welcome to the club!

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC. Hopefully you'll find the help you're looking for and it sounds like you'll be able to help with some of your knowledge as well! Look forward to reading your posts.

4. blackedoutduramax

Yeah I had heard that as well. But now the keys are off and its a 6" lift with factory keys. Also with the 2" keys it wasn't bad. There was a small vibration, but very minor. Since the lift its very noticable. But I have had the lift checked twice and installed Bilstein shocks trying to fix it and nothing. Thats why I am starting to think its the tires. I have read and heard of other people having issues with the Xtreme A/T's wearing funky and not balancing right.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Have you had the tires checked for trueness. ProComps are known to be out of round.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.

7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Nice looking truck! Glad to have you here!

8. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site from san fran, ca

9. blackedoutduramax

Just had the tires checked for the Third Time by 4 Wheel Parts and now the are saying it is the back right tire out of round causing the issue. But now too much of the tire is gone for them to do anything. Eventhough they are the ones that have been saying its just a balancing issue....

So I am just going to upgrade to 35's which I have been wanting anyways. And go with the Toyo Open Country M/T's.

10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!