New Member Looking For Advice

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by calyster2000, Feb 11, 2010.

1. calyster2000

calyster2000 New Member

Hello, I recently bought a 2001 Sierra Z71 with some problems and I'm looking for some advice. When I bought the truck, the “SERVICE ENGINE SOON” light was on. When I hooked it up to the diagnostics machine, the error was “P0332 – Rear Bank Knock Sensor” so I decided to purchase 2 new knock sensors from a seller on ebay. When I pulled the intake, I discovered that the old rear bank knock sensor was very corroded and wet. Anyway, I replaced both sensors, hooked the original wiring harness back up to them and put everything back together. After reconnecting the battery, I started the truck and the light was gone. However, after driving the truck for about 10 miles, it came back on so I again hooked the diagnostics machine back up. This time, I got errors for both sensors (P0327 & P0332). I’m wondering if I have a defective wiring connector or if it’s just a problem with the cheap sensors I purchased from ebay. Anyway, I’m really hoping to avoid taking everything apart and would appreciate any advice or suggestions you all may have.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Sounds like it might be in the wireing harness to the sensors. Can you see a reason why the original one was wet?

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can't really help you, but welcome to the club! It's good to have you

4. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Good to have you here! I have found black electrical tape over the check engine light works very well. cheap too.:lol:but seriously I hope someone can answer your question.

5. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi welcome to the site. i would replace the conector frist. worth a try. ralph

6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!

7. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

8. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Not sure about you problem though.

9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:

10. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!