Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Member Looking For Advice

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by calyster2000, Feb 11, 2010.

1. calyster2000

calyster2000 New Member

Hello, I recently bought a 2001 Sierra Z71 with some problems and I'm looking for some advice. When I bought the truck, the “SERVICE ENGINE SOON” light was on. When I hooked it up to the diagnostics machine, the error was “P0332 – Rear Bank Knock Sensor” so I decided to purchase 2 new knock sensors from a seller on ebay. When I pulled the intake, I discovered that the old rear bank knock sensor was very corroded and wet. Anyway, I replaced both sensors, hooked the original wiring harness back up to them and put everything back together. After reconnecting the battery, I started the truck and the light was gone. However, after driving the truck for about 10 miles, it came back on so I again hooked the diagnostics machine back up. This time, I got errors for both sensors (P0327 & P0332). I’m wondering if I have a defective wiring connector or if it’s just a problem with the cheap sensors I purchased from ebay. Anyway, I’m really hoping to avoid taking everything apart and would appreciate any advice or suggestions you all may have.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Sounds like it might be in the wireing harness to the sensors. Can you see a reason why the original one was wet?

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can't really help you, but welcome to the club! It's good to have you

4. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Good to have you here! I have found black electrical tape over the check engine light works very well. cheap too.:lol:but seriously I hope someone can answer your question.

5. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi welcome to the site. i would replace the conector frist. worth a try. ralph

6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!

7. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

8. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Not sure about you problem though.

9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:

10. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!