1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Member: looking to buy!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BeerTech, Jan 4, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. BeerTech

BeerTech New Member

Hello Everyone,

As a new member I just wanted to say hello and ask a couple of questions. I'm new to Suburbans,l but I am in the market for a 99 or 2000 model. Those look to be about my price range and mileage requirements (somewhere around 130K). I need this for towing a car and open trailer, around 4,000 lbs. total. I have towed this combo for years with a 1500 truck with no issues. I would like to have the 5.7L gas engine preferably.

My question is what to look for and what to avoid? Do these years have any significant problems?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brian
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  3. BeerTech

BeerTech New Member

Thanks for the information so far. Is there anything on these particular models you guys would recommend upgrading for occasional towing and general longevity of the vehicle? I probably tow 10 -12 times a year, up to 5-8 hrs one way on the longest pulls. I have a brake controller that will be going in the truck. Anything else you can think of?

Thanks,
    Brian