1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Member: looking to buy!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by BeerTech, Jan 4, 2010.

1. BeerTech

BeerTech New Member

Hello Everyone,

(I first posted this in the Suburban sub-forum, sorry for the re-post)

As a new member I just wanted to say hello and ask a couple of questions. I'm new to Suburbans,l but I am in the market for a 99 or 2000 model. Those look to be about my price range and mileage requirements (somewhere around 130K). I need this for towing a [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]car[/COLOR][/COLOR] and open trailer, around 4,000 lbs. total. I have towed this combo for years with a 1500 [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]truck[/COLOR][/COLOR] with no issues. I would like to have the 5.7L [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]gas [COLOR=blue ! important]engine[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] preferably.

My question is what to look for and what to avoid? Do these years have any significant problems?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brian
  2. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub New Member GMTC Sponsor

3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  4. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!
  6. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member

Welcome to the club!!
  7. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!
  8. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 New Member ROTM Winner

Welcome to the Club, Hope to see you around:glasses:
  9. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  10. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

if you are getting a 5.7 vortec just make sure you are checking the gaskets especially the intake gasket. From the factory the lifeline was 75-100k miles so if they havent been changed they WILL need to be changed. Other then that they are pretty durable. i have a 99 and only have 126000 on it and i roplaced the intake gasket at 80,000 and had to had some head work done but that was on the account of a crappy oil change.