New member need a little help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by k24556, Nov 19, 2009.

1. k24556

k24556 New Member

I found this site surfing to answer a question. What a great site! People are very helpful. My question is this: I know there is an easy way to release the front turn signal assembly for bulb replacement on a 2001 Silverado. Can anyone tell me what the trick is?

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I am not familiar with your modle year, but I'm sure someone will be able to help out. Good luck!

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!

4. dpscranton

dpscranton New Member

Welcome!!

i have an 02 silverado and on mine there are 2 pins on top of each light that hold it in. pull them out and the whole assembly pops out. idk if the 01 is the same but maybe that info will help.

5. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

When you open the hood, on the top side of each headlight assembly there are 2 "L" shaped pins... simply rotate them to unlock them and pull the straight up. This will detatch your headlights from their mountin position. Then you should have plenty of room to access your marker lights...

I think this is what you were asking, hope I helped...

6. k24556

k24556 New Member

Thanks

thanks for the help! I found the pins, pulled them and the H/L assembly came out. A little looking around and i found a latch that holds the turn signal/marker/DRL assembly. It is a gray latch integral with the light assembly.

You folks were right on. The whole assembly came out and bulb replaced.

i have had the truck over 8 years now, 100k, mostly towing a horse trailer on long trips. This is the first bulb I have had to replace. In fact, other than oil&air filters one fan belt battery, one set of tires, that is all this truck has ever had done to it.

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!

Glad you got your light bulb changed, sometimes those can be a real bear depending on the year of vehicle. I think that's why my dad likes the older vehicles! :happy: