1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new member needs some advice

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by B.2007, Feb 10, 2010.

1. B.2007

B.2007 New Member

Hey everyone i am new to this forum and i would like some help. i just bought a 2007 Z71. i am thinking of putting a four inch lift with 35's. i just dont know what type of lift i need. and i want to put a few other stuff like a programer, rocker pod, and other stuff. so if yall have any info for me i would appreciateit.
  2. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

not really sure about the 2007 model year but on my 99 35's wont fit with a 4" lift. They WILL rub. but as for lifts there are several good lift kits for the silverado. Pro comp, skyjacker, fab tech. they are all pretty good. Call your local 4x4 shop and see what they recommend. They are the experts since they install more lifts than anyone else.
  3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and i agree that a 4 inch lift will not be enough to run 35', you'll need a six inch lift.
    Bds makes a very nice six inch lift.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  5. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Everyone is right, you will need at least a six inch lift to fit 35's. I went with the BDS high clearance lift with 35 inch tires and love it!
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome, do you have a classic or new body style?
  7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!
  8. B.2007

B.2007 New Member

hey thanks for all the input. but my friend talked me into wanting 35's but i really just want 33's i told him i would get them if they fit but from everyones input they wont and i have a classic body style who would be the best place to get a four inch lift?
  9. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site
  10. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!