1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New member. New Truck. Thoughts and advice!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigRed07, Jul 12, 2010.

1. BigRed07

BigRed07 New Member

hey everybody..I am a new member here on the forum and just waned to introduce myself. I just bought a used 07 silverado classic v6 4.3l w/ 70k a few weeks ago. I have added on:
    line x bed liner
    straight through exhaust pipe
    pioneer sterio/eclipse speakers
    delta aluminum full size bed box

looking for comments and thoughts on what mods i can do to this truck that will make it look sweet without breaking the bank. thanks!

Attached Files:

• cs1.jpg
      cs1.jpg
      File size:
      96.5 KB
      Views:
    • cs2.jpg
      cs2.jpg
      File size:
      94.6 KB
      Views:
  2. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the site & congrats on the truck!!
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks like a pretty sweet ride already. I would try and find a set of used aluminum rims.. Usually you can find a few sets on Craigslist that are stock take offs. And if you can find a nice set of 17s then you will be in business to keep those new looking tires on the truck. Usually you can find a set of OEM, and sometimes aftermarket rims for around $200-300.
    You dont have a location listed so your local laws are unknown but something makes a truck look nice and keeps the inside cool is to tint the driver/passenger windows. I also know that a leveling kit is available for your truck just to give it a little more stance im not 100% on the cost but i know there are a few threads here on the site if you were to search that will help you out on that.
    Otherwise it is a pretty sweet looking rig.
  4. BigRed07

BigRed07 New Member

murdog, thanks for the input and i have been considering all the upgrades you have mentioned (especially the leveling kit which installed is around $400 at the local trucks unlimited shop). I have been scouring craigslist EVERYDAY looking for 17s so i can keep my tires but the only thing i am finding are either chrome gangster style wheels, ricer wheels, or 5 lug patterns. Am i searching for the wrong thing? what should i be looking for (brand, type, etc.) thanks bro
  5. murdog94

Well you will want anything that is 6 lug.. And a lot of take offs are listed on my local Craigslist. It just takes time. I have the Chrome stlye wheels like you have on my 1988, big improvement, however with your truck a set of 17s from a 2006 Silverado or even a set from an Denali would look great. Or an H3.. Basically you are looking for some that people took off of their truck to put 20s on... Something that i have seen that looks pretty cool is either a color match on the rims that you have or else painting them black since you already have a lot of black trim.. Just a thought. And i have a way that i did them on my old ranger that was cheap and looked really good and was pretty tough even here in MN.
  6. BigRed07

BigRed07 New Member

yea i was considering painting my stock wheels black..how would i go about doing that? and whats the difference between painting them or color matching them...sorry for the questions just a novice when it comes to wheels/tires.
  7. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site, and the trucks looks real good!
  8. bossman1364

bossman1364 New Member

Welcome! I'd go with a leveling kit and some 33" tires. It would look great.
  9. murdog94

Well for me i used tape and left the lip chrome, and removed the center cap to leave that chrome as well. Then i went and bought Diecast Metal (model car) paint of the color that i wanted and after i taped everything up and did a little sanding. I primed it then painted it the proper color and then put a bit of clear coat on as well. This is all done using spray paint available at any hobby store. After it has dried i then took off the tape and took a look at my work.. As i said it was pretty tough and took a lot of washings and abuse here on MN salt covered roads and still looked good.
  10. BigRed07

BigRed07 New Member

hey man thanks for all the input..i think im going to search for some used 17s since i dont have the tools/knowledge to remove and paint the wheels myself haha...hopefully a nice set shows up on craigslist...

next question..the truck has no aftermarket lift but has 265 70 17 tires on it which i think equal like 31.5in tires..how much height should i get lifted?