New member outside Kansas City

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 84thProblem, Nov 27, 2012.

1. 84thProblem

84thProblem New Member

Hi everyone! I just bought my first truck, a 2004 Silverado LS 1500 Crew Cab, 5.3L. It had about 152,000 miles on it.

The only issue I noted during the test drives was a slight noise from the front end when I turned. The dealer then replaced the steering column before I bought it and the noise went away. Since then it's thrown the P0446 code several times. A bit of research here and at other sites indicates a probable problem in the tank vent, reinforced by a little trouble with fuel fill nozzles clicking off early when I fill up. I just need a free weekend to get under the truck now to clean out the vent valve.

Other than that I'm extremely happy with my new truck! I like the ride - very comfortable. The radio came with XM/Sirius - just in time for 60 free stations (just a teaser, I'm sure), and I was able to move a broken-down motorcycle 125 miles for my son, then move him out of his apartment. Also, I can now take my dogs to the dog park - something I'd never do with my leather seat Acura.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your "new" truck.

3. Wayne58

Wayne58 New Member

Hello and Welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>>

4. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC. Glad to have you here.:great:

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard...... :glasses:

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your new ride!!!

9. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Wow. My truck is 10 years older and it only has 90,000 miles. Welcome and browse for a while. Lots of questions have already been answered in the forum.