New Member - Pittsburgh, PA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by rugerjitsu, Jun 28, 2010.

1. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu New Member

Hello everyone!

I came across this forum searching for codes which threw my "CEL" light on...glad I found this place!

I'm a firm believer in educating myself in all areas of life...god knows, i've learned too many lessons the hard way!

about my truck?

I bought my 97 Silverado Z-71 ExtCab in 2001 with 37k miles on it! I lived in Texas at the time, and it was the only truck on the lot smack dab in the middle of a bunch of preowned luxury cars...stuck out like a sore thumb! It's white with a gold strip at the bottom...i'm sure you've seen enough of them, I know I see that color variation all over the place...it's got tan cloth interior.

At 50k miles, the tranny dropped, and good thing I bought the extended warranty, only cost me $100 for a brand new GM tranny.

The only aftermarket products on the truck are a dual in/dual out Magnaflow Muffler and a K&N Airfilter...the Magnaflow was bought about 8 years ago, and still purrs...great investment, no rust!

The tranny has been the only major repair needed, and it now sits at 178k miles...i've driven from Texas to West Virginia twice...even pulled an 87 Porsche 944 both ways! didn't miss a beat...the latest trip was when we moved from Texas up to Pittsburgh, PA...

The only minor repairs i've done was replacing the radiator, starter, and alternator...and about a year after purchasing the truck, i got stuck in a creek bed in the hills of West Virginia, and my 4x4 actuator located in the front axle area decided to take a crap!!! $180 fix, but priceless when a damn Toyota Tacoma had to yank my drunk ass out!!!

I love my truck, it's built "like a rock"...lol

I put a new sound system in it...some of you may be into that.

Alpine Deck,
    (2) 6.5 Kicker Comps in the doors - soon to be replaced with (2) Diamond Audio 6500s Comps,
    (2) 5.25 Alpine Coax in the rear (replaced the 4x7's??),
    (2) 8" Sundown E8's
    I have a JL Audio 300/4 powering the mids and a PG 8.01 powering the subs...although, i have a Kicker zx1500.1 waiting to be unleashed sometime in the future!

when i get home and have time, i'll post pics of the truck...any special requests of pics, just ask.

I'm thinking of posting another thread documenting my troubleshooting the P0430 Code...

anyhow...i'll do some reading up in the meantime, thanks for having me!

-ruger

2. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site from sunny san fran, ca

3. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

:sign0016:

:cool: Steve

4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here!

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.

7. grrr...

grrr... Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC from NC!

8. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!