Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Member - Question Already :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 1995Suburban, Jan 14, 2009.

1. 1995Suburban

1995Suburban New Member

Hi everyone. I just joined because I am in need of some help. First, I have a 1995 Chevy Suburban and I absolutely love it. I drove her the entire time, even when gas was up to $4 a gallon, we survived.

Anyway, my question is, I have a spare radiator it is a 34" radiator. My cousin has a 92 with a 28" radiator. Both our trucks are 5.7. His radiator is shot, I told him he could have my spare, but neither of us know if the 34 will fit in his truck. Has anyone ever tried to put a 34" in where a stock 28" came? Is there anything we can do to make it fit? I don't want to just send it to him if it won't work and pay all that shipping cost.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
    Glad to have ya!

I would think that if there was 3 extra inches on each side that it would work.

Others will chime in ... :neutral:

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I'd think unless yoiu had the "fabrication skills" to modify the "core" support that it would be a peoblem to mount. Also, are the inlet & outlet oriented the same?

5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

In addition to the inlet and outlet, you'll want to make sure that the mounting points are the same. I think that there should be room for the radiator, its just making sure that all the parts line up properly. Have him measure out on each side of his radiator to see if there's space enough once you've verified everything else lines up.

6. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just my $.02 here.... My thought is that the amount of money you'll spent to ship that thing to him and 'hope' it fits.... he might be better off taking that cash to a salvage yard and getting a direct replacement. My guess is that it would be comparable as far as expense goes and you could keep the other radiator for when you need it! With a salvage radiator (if from a reputable yard) should be good for a little while longer, will be an easy direct bolt on, and might save a whole lot of hassle in a long run.

7. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Springthing is being extremely logical here(why?), as the cost factor and the to many ? to answers that need to be communicated through telephone conversations ot Email will far exceed the salvage yard cost. Like he said, if its a good yard, they also have a 30 day warranty on the radiator and will replace for nothing. You would be surprised at how many radiators are still good in the salvage yards. Well thats my 1.00 as the price has risen since my two cents was first used....:rofl:
    Welcoem, though.....

Jeff