1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Member!! Ready to do some upgrades to my Truck!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by seahawksdude, Jul 13, 2013.

1. seahawksdude

seahawksdude New Member

Hello All!!

You can call me Jack. I am a US Marine. I am currently deployed and when I get home in a month I will be using my stash of cash to finally do some upgrades to my truck, with all of your advice.

First thing, I cant seem to upload a profile pic or avatar pic. But I did create a photo album so feel free to check it out along the way. Attached is a picture of my truck in its current state.

I big question I have for you is, 17" Rims or 20" rims?

Jack

Attached Files:

2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club Jack, it's great to have you aboard. That a great looking truck you got there and thank you for your service to our country. As far as the wheels and tires I think the 20s would look great but it's all about what you like. Good luck and be safe. :glasses:
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!
  4. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 100 Posts

1st of all, Thank You! I would go with 17's, tire's are cheaper. I have 18's and installed a 2" level kit, same as you. I mounted 33-12.50-18 and they "Look Great". If you use 20" rims you'll have a problem of mounting a tire of that size.
  5. Goldie

Goldie New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club! You'll find all the info you need at this site from a great bunch of folk that enjoy helping.
    Thanks for your service and come home safe!!
    Semper Fi!
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Nice Truck!