1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New member with a question

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ogcrookie12, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ogcrookie12

ogcrookie12 New Member

I own a 2000 Suburban. Its an automatic 2wd. I have been having an ongoing problem with it. It has stalled numerous times and I checked the alt at Schucks. They said to replace it so I did, the problem kind of got intermittent. Recently it has started again. I checked the new alt and battery and they tested fine. The guy at Schucks said it could be a elec ground issue. It definitely feels electrical not mechanical. I checked battery and alternator contacts and they are solid. If I rev while it stutters it goes away. It gets worse with heater or a/c on, which also makes me think electrical. Also when it does dip the volt meter drops. I am fairly mechanical and this is driving me mad!! I want to fix it before the winter.

Any help would rock!!!

Thanks, Ryan
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

I hate to beat a dead horse [​IMG] or send you down the wrong road, but have you tested the fuel pressure?

Nothing you mentioned would keep me from eliminating electrical as a possibility, but GM trucks are so famous for fuel pump issues.
  3. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub New Member GMTC Sponsor

4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site, Ryan! Good luck with getting the problem fixed, it is getting to that time of year again.
  5. ogcrookie12

ogcrookie12 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I havent checked the fuel pressure yet and am not ruling it out, but I have a strong feeling that the problem is electrical due to the way the vehicle acts. It mostly stalls in reverse while backing out of a stall with the wheels fully turned. Its very sporadic. Maybe I will change the fuel filter since its cheap and I can rule that out. I also regularly use Lucas fuel injector cleaner about once every other month.

On a side note, I am about to be driving in my first winter and would like some recommendations on good tires. I believe stockies are 245/75R16 but my truck has LT275/75R16 Wild Country txr tires (which are discontinued) on it already. I would like to replace only the 2 older and worn tires and want something equivalent to whats on the truck already.
  6. ogcrookie12

ogcrookie12 New Member

I also thought I would add that my wife will be driving the vehicle as well and I'm not sure of her skill.
  7. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Good luck.
  8. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:
  10. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!! i would start checking all the connections at the battery, starter and main grounds. If there is any amount of corrosion on those (the chunky blue green stuff) that will rob power from the battery. Also check inside the insulation of the wires, that stuff can creep inside. if you do find some just get new wires.