Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New member with new 2013 Suburban 3/4 Ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rrpalma, Jun 23, 2013.

1. rrpalma

rrpalma New Member

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while, and finally took delivery 2 weeks ago of my new 3/4 ton, 4x4 Chevy Suburban.

I am very really very satisfied with this truck, but been my first GM vehicle, I have some questions that perhaps someone can help me with:

1. Is this truck considered a 1500 platform? I would assume it's a 2500, but would like to be sure.
    2. Why does it have 2 batteries? Nowhere in the manual do they mention 2 batteries [​IMG]
    3. It has a very nice V8 rumble... I love the sound coming from the exhaust! Does it make sense to change the exhaust system? My friend has a huge Express van and he did change the exhaust.... nice deep rumble. If the answer is yes, which do you all suggest?

Thanks for reading!!!

2. CKNSLS

CKNSLS Member 100 Posts

Did you buy the Suburban 2500 for towing? It's a 3/4 ton platform.

3. rrpalma

rrpalma New Member

Yes I did. And for transporting my (rather) large family.

4. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

How much rumble from the exhaust are you looking for? I installed a Flowmaster Super10 muffler and really like the sound! It's louder than you typical exhaust if you dump the tail pipes over the axle. If you take the tail pipes all the way to the bumper or behind the rear wheel, you'll keep the sound out of the cab a little bit more! I like the sound!!!!

5. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I second checking out the Flowmaster Super 10 series muffler. I am running a 3" single inlet-3.5" dual outlet on my Sierra and it sounds amazing.

6. CKNSLS

CKNSLS Member 100 Posts

You bought the right SUV-that is what it's made for.

7. rrpalma

rrpalma New Member

Thanks for all the comments.

Ended up buying the Magnaflow complete cat-back system. Was the only one complete system I could find for the 2500 3/4 ton Suburban.

http://www.magnaflow...one=all&id=2748