1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by farmerall, Apr 18, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. farmerall

farmerall New Member

I just wanted to say hi.

I'm 19 and currently in college. I have a 1989 Gmc K1500 that I got for my 17th birthday. It used to be my dads truck then he sort of sold it to his friend a few years before I got. They never completed the sale and after my dad passed away my step mom got the truck back and then eventually I got. Now to the truck, it has one of the more uncommon part schemes that I have seen. It also has had the engine replaced at one point in time and currently it hates trannys lol. So far I have had two god bad on me and one front seal go bad. i will admit that it is mostly my fault that they broke do to oils fluid leaks that I did fix right away. I just would add more fluid every once in awhile. Also it is built like a work truck. It has the rubber floor which I like and it has heavy duty suspension and the 14 bolt rearend. overall I love the truck and plan on never selling it.

[​IMG]
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Welcome, great story and great truck. Sorry you lost your dad at such a young age, let us know how we can help.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Don't blame you for never wanting to sell it.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. Glad to hear you plan to keep the truck for a while. Any specific plans for what you might want to do to it over the next few years? once you fix the leaks and tranny issues obviously. Good to have you here.
  6. farmerall

farmerall New Member

That picture is one from a year ago. I have since put a set of 33 12.50 15's on and I would like to get a suspension lift kit for it. Also I want to repaint a few places were the paint it getting bad and I need to replace a left spring. I just limited by money lol
  7. SWAT13

SWAT13 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!!
  8. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

WELCOME TO THE GMTC FAMILY! Hope that you are enjoying the site... You always remember your first truck! :) Post more pictures when you got some more...
  9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome aboard. Have a great group of people here and always willing to help with whatever you need. Looking forward to seeing some more pictures of the truck. Those old ones are my favorite.
  10. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! As said above, sorry for loss of your Dad. That is a good looking paint scheme.