new message on my dash

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 03 Black Sunshine, Jan 11, 2011.

1. 03 Black Sunshine

03 Black Sunshine Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey gang my wife noticed a new message on the dash of my truck. In the part where it says windshield washer fluid low, etc.

It says RFA 1 Battery low. Does anybody know what this may mean??

Thanks for any help.

Tim

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The RAF 1 Means the Following,
    The message stands for Remote Function Actuation (RFA) battery low. This in more simple terms means that the battery in your remote for the door locks is getting low and should be replaced soon.

3. 03 Black Sunshine

wll aint that cool. thanks alot for the reply and the info. Good to know nothing aint wrong with my truck.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Glad to help...........:glasses:

5. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 Rockstar 100 Posts

That is pretty cool in my opinion.

6. I gotta say that is wicked cool! makes me look at my 98 hoe and ask it what it does. LOL

7. LSU truckman

LSU truckman Rockstar 100 Posts

My new 2011 GMC DIC just told me to drive careful, there may be icey road conditions. What's next this summer, " Be sure to apply your SPF 35 sun screen lotion, high probability for sun burn today. Technology is getting freakish every year.

8. 03 Black Sunshine

I heard a John Boy and Billy one morning and they were talking about this type of thing and the skit was really funny: "Hello John where will be going today" "please extinguish all smoking material"...."John you are still smoking" "Please fasten....John please put out your cigarette" It was meant as a farce, but that is really what it has come too.

Gotta say it is wicked cool though.

Tim