1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new mirror glass

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Marineredn, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Marineredn

Marineredn Member

what am I going to have to pay to get a new mirror glass on my passenger side mirror, and whats a good place to buy them? I have the power, heated mirror with turn signals. I cracked mine trying to clean around it today.

- - - Updated - - -

all I did was crack the glass its self, can i just get a new piece of glass and replace it in the backing?

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yes you can.

Someone broke my mirror last winter, the glass was hanging by the wires (same features as yours, but part number is probably different). I went to dealer to get one, they told me glass was around $250 and new mirror around $500. He didn't have one in stock, so I said "I'll be back" (guess I was quoting Arnold, lol), anyway, upon closer inspection, the post from the turning motor was also broken, so I got a new mirror.

The $250 was Canadian, I checked on line and found US prices a lot cheaper, I bought a new GM mirror, in the US for $220.

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A friend of mine had the same issue. He bought a piece of glass that just stuck over the old one. It has holes in it for the signal lights to shine thru. It was around $30. I do not think that the heated feature works anymore, but is was better then $200. He went to a local autoglass place and they had it. This place has it for around $65 http://www.wheelskin.com/burcomirro...=CHEVROLET&model=PICKUP - SILVERADO&year=2004 I think that you would want part# [TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]BUR-3254HS
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Or Ebay has them with the backing plate, so you just snap the new one on http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIRROR-GLAS...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

4. Marineredn

Marineredn Member

Thanks a lot guys, I have been looking into it and have found good prices on Amazon I'm just trying to find one that will work with all the features I have. I have used the VIN decoder I'm just making sure I have the right one before I pull the trigger.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  5. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

LOL Just what I was going to recommend. I get all my mirrors from Amazon, and many of the parts I use for vehciel repairs (both engine and cosmetic). It's tough to beat the prices there, even the local shops just shake their heads. And with Prime, I even get free videos. LOL

Some things, like spark plugs are still cheaper local, but if you've got 2 days to wait for it, you can often save 20% or more on expensive parts like throttle bodies, O2 sensors, and the like.

-Skippy

6. Marineredn

Marineredn Member

So do I need to order any one specifically since I have the powered, memory, light sensitive, heated, blinkered mirrors, or do I just get the glass with the blinker holes?

7. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The glass has the connections for the signal, the heat and the photochromic feature.