new mirror glass

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Marineredn, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Marineredn

Marineredn Member

what am I going to have to pay to get a new mirror glass on my passenger side mirror, and whats a good place to buy them? I have the power, heated mirror with turn signals. I cracked mine trying to clean around it today.

- - - Updated - - -

all I did was crack the glass its self, can i just get a new piece of glass and replace it in the backing?

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yes you can.

Someone broke my mirror last winter, the glass was hanging by the wires (same features as yours, but part number is probably different). I went to dealer to get one, they told me glass was around $250 and new mirror around $500. He didn't have one in stock, so I said "I'll be back" (guess I was quoting Arnold, lol), anyway, upon closer inspection, the post from the turning motor was also broken, so I got a new mirror.

The $250 was Canadian, I checked on line and found US prices a lot cheaper, I bought a new GM mirror, in the US for $220.

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A friend of mine had the same issue. He bought a piece of glass that just stuck over the old one. It has holes in it for the signal lights to shine thru. It was around $30. I do not think that the heated feature works anymore, but is was better then $200. He went to a local autoglass place and they had it. This place has it for around $65 http://www.wheelskin.com/burcomirro...=CHEVROLET&model=PICKUP - SILVERADO&year=2004 I think that you would want part# [TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]BUR-3254HS
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Or Ebay has them with the backing plate, so you just snap the new one on http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIRROR-GLAS...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

4. Marineredn

Marineredn Member

Thanks a lot guys, I have been looking into it and have found good prices on Amazon I'm just trying to find one that will work with all the features I have. I have used the VIN decoder I'm just making sure I have the right one before I pull the trigger.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  5. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

LOL Just what I was going to recommend. I get all my mirrors from Amazon, and many of the parts I use for vehciel repairs (both engine and cosmetic). It's tough to beat the prices there, even the local shops just shake their heads. And with Prime, I even get free videos. LOL

Some things, like spark plugs are still cheaper local, but if you've got 2 days to wait for it, you can often save 20% or more on expensive parts like throttle bodies, O2 sensors, and the like.

-Skippy

6. Marineredn

Marineredn Member

So do I need to order any one specifically since I have the powered, memory, light sensitive, heated, blinkered mirrors, or do I just get the glass with the blinker holes?

7. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The glass has the connections for the signal, the heat and the photochromic feature.