1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Mods I'm savin up for

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by barefoot greg, Mar 5, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey so i've been doin some google'n lol.

I took a photo of my truck, opened it in a paint file, and began copy n pasting photos off the net that I cropped.
    I'm wondering what you guys think so good bad whatever let me know what you think about the look i'm going for.
    exterior mods.jpg

1) 4' x 4' x 4" Roof Rack with Light Cage From DefenderRack.com

2) Full Length Roll bar with Grab Handles from TruckRollBar.com

3) Ladder Bars, These are Tuff Country but Im not set on Brand yet

4) Camper Style Tow Mirrors with Turn Signals

5) N-Fab Step Bars I have but havent installed yet (Winter!)

6) 48" CB antennas I also have but havent installed yet ( Still Winter!) lol

Here's a photo of an idea for Decals I had the other day:
    decal concept 1.jpg

Also I wanna Rhino Line or equivalent the under carraige and either the bottom 4" or so of the body leaving most of the silver, of halfway up the body to the factory crease, covering up all the silver and Goin with a Green & Black Paint Scheme.

Found this Truck on the Net and Me likey! lol
    02 silverado green and black.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think it's a bit busy with the roll bar and roof rack. And really, really busy looking with the graphics.

I agree with you about the simple and clean look of the truck whose pic you found on the net and linked. That's tough and classy.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have to agree the Full rack in back is not for me.. The top rack is nice

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The graphics I can't picture on your truck, mainly because of the two tone already in existance. I like the roof rack, and the rollbar though.

5. ron8879

ron8879 New Member

first pic is way too busy for my taste personally. I think if your going to go in a direction with your truck the second pic you put up was a better way to go. The dark bumpers and grill without the racks looks a ton clearer to me.

6. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah the graphics i had the same feeling about, just something i thought up but like said, with the 2 tone paint it'd be a bit much, And if i Rhino line the bottom half of the body like i wanna do then the graphics would wind up only on the green in which case they'd get scrunched and look even worse.

I think in the first pic, I think alotta the reason why it clashes so much is because its just copy n pasted. so the lighting in every individual image is different and they're slightly stretched n skewed.

If were all done to one vehicle i think it'd look alot better.

7. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

your truck looks great as it currently is! The roll bar idea is really ugly, i'm sorry, but it is. the graphics would be okay with maybe two swooshes, max. In all cases on trucks, overdone add-ons and graphics are a bad idea. Trucks are beautiful, not at all like those damn egg-shaped cars everyone drives, and the simplicity of a truck needs to show first and foremost.

i would also go for a single whip, mounted left, right or center. Your hood, wheels, tires, bumper look fantastic, and the tool box says you are a worker, not a pretender. Keep it that way.