1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New motorcycle

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by darkness-lies-, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i have toyed with getting something similar. problem is i tend to wreck things with less then 4 wheels. I dont think id do well on a bike, so im not gonna tempt the powers that be with getting one.

Alex
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I highly recommend a Motorcycle Safety course.
    I've been riding motorcycles since 1975, took my first motorcycle safety course in the early 80's as a mandatory U.S. Navy requirement when I was young and knew it all, they taught me more.
    I've been to refresher courses a few times over the years with the latest being 3 weeks ago and I still learn something everytime I attend one.
  3. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Excellent idea tb:great:
  4. AutoAnything

AutoAnything New Member 100 Posts

Congrats on your new bike, be safe and have fun and go at a pace that is comfortable for you. I started riding dirt bikes as a kid and have been on them ever since!

Also, I know it is a 250 so not sure what kind of exhaust you can get but it is true....loud pipes save lives!!
  5. RallySTX

RallySTX New Member 100 Posts

They can get the attention all right, just watch out for those who react badly to it. Always assume they can't see ya, have an escape route, please consider wearing a helmet, +1 on the safety course, may god help you enjoy it and keep you safe always!
    Brian L.
    Nice lookin bike!
  6. Ridyn

Ridyn New Member 100 Posts

It might be killing you, but what are payments + gas + insurance after the month? Is it way less than $300 still? I don't see why sometimes people do these things based off of how much they spend in gas, they usually never break even and end up being in the hole after all those costs.

Besides that, great lookin bike!
  7. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member 100 Posts

So im ready to sell this rebel and move up to a 750 shadow.
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Doesnt take long to get ready for a bigger bike but I believe the experience gained is worth the money spent.
    The 750 Shadow is a nice size bike thats just big enough to cruise around town during the week and if you dont load it down to much has enough power to take you and the significant other out of town for a long weekend ride.
    Winter is a great time to buy a bike but a terrible time to sell, lots of riders are getting off their bikes they bought this spring and many find out at this time they either didnt really enjoy it as much as they thought they would or they have no safe place to store the bike over the winter, so prices normally dip around this time on low mileage newer bikes.
    If you can buy in the next few months but hold off on selling yours until next spring you might be able to get better prices on both.
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It's always a good idea to start on a low powered bike. I started racing at 12 years old and didn't even touch a 600 until I was 15 when I got my permit. I've told friends this for years as I watch them wreck there first 1000, know your limits and pay attention to everyone else on the road. I'm 220 pounds give or take these days and I still don't ride a 1000 but I can push my bike to its limits becuase I know mine, happy riding if you ever get in the north ga mountains or the smokeys send me a pm and will go for a run. Have fun. And stick with Hondas