New OEM Autoradio DVD GPS Chevi

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by fantastico, Apr 8, 2011.

1. fantastico

fantastico New Member

Hey all -

I am interested in installing an aftermarket stereo head unit solution that provides:

- iPhone/iPod integration that: allows steering wheel controls to work - And screen display of band/song, folders, etc. (preferably through glove box connection)

- Control of iPhone/iPod songs through head unit UI

- Possibly stream music over bluetooth and still control through steering wheel and get UI visibility on head unit
    :glasses:
    This is the only option I have found:

http://www.autocardvdgps.com/17-for-chevrolet-series

Anyone have experience with installing one? Does it cover all the above scenarios? How much should I expect for installation? Any regrets?

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! What type of vehicle and year do you have?

I may have over looked it, but I cannot find where it states that it uses your current steering wheel controls.

3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Mine does all those .. with the exeption of Bluetooth streaming can only be controlled by the unit itself (ipod.iphone.cell fone et.) I don't see why you would want to be able to use the steering wheel controls for bluetooth??? You would get much better audio quality via usb or 3.5mm able.

JVC-KW-NT3HDT

4. how do you like the JVC? i was looking into something like that. any issues youve run into?

i just recently finished installing my 2 10'' RF p3s/pioneer amp to the factory HU.. going to upgrade maybe in 2-3 months to a aftermarket HU

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Take a good look at the New Kenwood line still the best and easyest to use..Now with Pandora so you can stream your tunes...