1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New OEM Autoradio DVD GPS Chevi

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by fantastico, Apr 8, 2011.

1. fantastico

fantastico New Member

Hey all -

I am interested in installing an aftermarket stereo head unit solution that provides:

- iPhone/iPod integration that: allows steering wheel controls to work - And screen display of band/song, folders, etc. (preferably through glove box connection)

- Control of iPhone/iPod songs through head unit UI

- Possibly stream music over bluetooth and still control through steering wheel and get UI visibility on head unit
    :glasses:
    This is the only option I have found:

http://www.autocardvdgps.com/17-for-chevrolet-series

Anyone have experience with installing one? Does it cover all the above scenarios? How much should I expect for installation? Any regrets?
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! What type of vehicle and year do you have?

I may have over looked it, but I cannot find where it states that it uses your current steering wheel controls.
  3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Mine does all those .. with the exeption of Bluetooth streaming can only be controlled by the unit itself (ipod.iphone.cell fone et.) I don't see why you would want to be able to use the steering wheel controls for bluetooth??? You would get much better audio quality via usb or 3.5mm able.

JVC-KW-NT3HDT
  4. how do you like the JVC? i was looking into something like that. any issues youve run into?

i just recently finished installing my 2 10'' RF p3s/pioneer amp to the factory HU.. going to upgrade maybe in 2-3 months to a aftermarket HU
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Take a good look at the New Kenwood line still the best and easyest to use..Now with Pandora so you can stream your tunes...