1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New owner 2002 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by M-technik-3, Jul 15, 2012.

1. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

[​IMG]

So we purchased this recently a moderate mileage 02 tahoe with good options and runs good but needs a passenger upper ball joint. I was going to swap the control arm until I realized it had torsion bars which while simple I have never done the job. Can I do this at home on jack stands with minor effort.

Thanks Greg

2. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Congrats and welcome aboard!

3. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Thanks, We bought it as a beach/trailer hauling vehicle. I purchased an Alldata subscription for it but it doesn't seem correct for the vehicle.

4. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Repaired it. Was relatively pain less minus having to purchase a pickle fork to get the arm off the hub area. Once that was done it was 15 minute job of reassembly. Glad I bought a new complete Upper arm.

5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

glad you got it done, and welcome!

Alex

6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome. One day I'll buy a Tahoe/Yukon when I'm somewhere in the Navy

7. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

It was cheap 3K and will make an excellent tow vehicle. But Next will be the suspension That will be some Bilstein, they are the still preferred shock these days instead of spending 700 for the auto ride system?

8. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the GMTC Family! Hope you are enjoying the site.. Nice looking SUV! Love the colour...