New owner, a few questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kennya, Apr 30, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. kennya

kennya New Member

Another update. The check engine light came back on the other day. Was able to take it to AutoZone and get the codes read, they were p0446 and p0455. I got it into the dealer later that day and they did the smoke test and could find no leaks anywhere. The reset it and I was off. Came back on yesterday...ugh. Called and taking it in on Wednesday, hoping they figure it out this time.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hope they are able to find and permanently fix the problem. Does your truck still have low enough miles to where this stuff is covered under warranty? If so, at that's a help.
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

Glad someone introduced you to this.. i have personally done the DIC upgrade on my 08 and it works fantastic, all plug-n-play and only took a total of literally 3 minutes TOPS to install, just need two (one can be used) small screwdrivers to get the headlight/dimmer switch block off the old panel.

Also, welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase!
    :sign0021:
  4. kennya

kennya New Member

Truck has 48k miles, might still be in luck. Figure i will have the truck there around 3:30 or so. Sure hope they figure it out this time. After i am done there i am dropping it off for a spray in bedliner. Gonna order the DIC button panel this evening or tomorrow.
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Congrats on the new truck. Hope you get the issues fixed.
  6. kennya

kennya New Member

Ok, well, it's the evap canister. They can put in a new one and have me back on the road for $665.00. Please tell me the part number and that I could do this myself....
  7. JayBee

JayBee New Member

Man that just sounds like it is too expensive to me. Maybe I am wrong and hopefully others here have experience with this and can lead you in the right direction. Hopefully you can do it yourself. Good luck!
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check out some websites like GMpartsdirect. I found it for about $120 there
  9. kennya

kennya New Member

After much discussion with the wife and a lot of research, just going to have the dealer take care of it. Taking it down there in about an hour...
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's probably wise from a warranty perspective...