1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New owner of '07 Yukon XL Denali

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Stargazer, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Stargazer

Stargazer New Member

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and give a little background of how I ended up here.

Last Thursday I traded-in both our '06 Subaru STI and an '06 Honda Odyssey for a Stealth Gray Metallic 2007 Yukon XL Denali with just under 6000 miles on it. This past weekend of family duty has shown that this truck is really going to fit well in our family.

It's been a long journey to get here. Years ago we had a Jeep Cherokee that was a lot of fun, but when we were expecting our 1st child we bought a 1999 VW Passat. That's when my obsession with cars began. I loved that Passat and being a closet-red-neck I even installed Dixie Horns on it.

When child #2 came along, we thought maybe it was time for us to buy a mini***. So we bought a 2002 Mazda MPV for her. Shortly after that Child #3 arrived and I realized that I was too shallow to enjoy driving the small mini*** so I traded both the Passat and the MPV to get a 2003 Toyota Sequoia. The Sequoia was a lot of fun because we did a lot of off-road exploring in it.

In the end though, the Sequoia drove like an appliance: reliable but without character. So for the first time in my life I bought a vehicle just for myself for no other reason than I wanted it. (Of course, being able to fit 3 child seats in the back helped!) I traded-in the Sequoia for a 2006 STI.

Well Child #4 forced me to admit that maybe we really were a mini*** family so we bought a 2006 Honda Odyssey.

So what made me trade-in the STI and the Honda for the Denali XL? Child #5, of course!!!!

:gasp:

Here's our truck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time. There's no chance for #6 that's for sure! LOL!!!
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the forum!! That is an awesome Denali!! Congrats on all of your family additions, sounds like you have a full house!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Great looking Denali, sure like the color!
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and that is one beautiful Denali!
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
  6. Stargazer

Stargazer New Member

Thanks for the welcome! The Yukon has proved itself to be a very capable family hauler by accomplishing these tasks for us this weekend:

1. Curb climbing with ease to escape from blocked traffic (a.k.a. "Urban off-roading" ;) )
    2. Swallowing a week's worth of groceries for a 9-household family and a stroller without leaving any of the 4 kids stranded on the sidewalk
    3. Performing a 3/4 throttle take-off on freeway on-ramp in heavy rain without a squiggle from the tires (say good-riddance to front-wheel drive!)
    As some official Olympic sponsors might say, I'm lovin' it!
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! :sign0016:

Great photography skills too. ;-)