1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New owner to old GMC truck in Utah

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Zac001, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the club and nice truck. Nice to see that body style again. What product you use for the paint? It really brought out the SHINE!
  2. Zac001

Zac001 New Member

to be absolutely honest the paint was really trashed as you could see and i figured nothing would hurt it anymore than years of neglect that already has happened to it... when i was changing the power steering pump i had finger prints and smudges on the top of the fender where i was resting my hands and i couldnt clean them off but i noticed the red was brought up where my finger prints were.. so my brother and i took a little bit of power steering fluid on a sham cloth and rubbed the whole truck down.. it polished the chrome and it took the yellow out of the headlights too... plus its got that nice shine and light coat of oil so nothing is sticking to it not even dirt like i thought it would.. everything slides off lol..

so thats my redneck detail story!!
  3. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to The Club.