Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Joethepoolguy, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

now it good looking good job .. we call it Beard in iraq

3. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I like the new look. It seems that really made a huge difference in the appearence of your truck. Nice job.

4. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Looks a lot better, nice job.

5. Coolwheels05

Coolwheels05 Rockstar 100 Posts

Cool man. I did the same thing except I added the silver to the middle. Looks great!! Nice job

6. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You done that all today? What prep work did you do before painting it?

7. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Thanks, poolguy.

My wife caught me staring at the front of her Suburban, with the same thing in mind. Now I can show her a picture of what it looks like.

Good job.

8. Joethepoolguy

Thanks Guys!!! I like it a whole lot better too. The only bad part is that the black shows off the bad spots where the gray hid them. I'm probably going to find another one that is better and do the same thing.

Coolwheels05......Thanks...I like that look you did also!!! I'm not going to copy you,though.:lol:

ZSI52......Yes, I did it all today. Not a very big job. I removed the valance, cleaned it,and sanded the bed spots i found(scuffs, gouges, scratches). I think I made a mistake by sanding the plastic. It changed the look of the part some. I am a very picky person, so something that doesn't like right to me, might not be noticed by someone else. I used Krylon paint for plastic. I wasn't really impressed by the way it sprayed, but I managed. :great:

9. Joethepoolguy

Oh...Kid Hauler.....Tell her I said it's OK for you to make Suburban look better.:great:

10. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Did it dry completely?