1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Phone Help

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by CornhuskerChevy, Dec 2, 2009.

1. CornhuskerChevy

CornhuskerChevy New Member

I am looking for a new cell phone. I'm on the Verizon Network and changing is not an option. I have found a few phones...

#1. Motorola Droid
    #2. Blackberry Storm 2
    #3. LG EnV Touch

Don't know much about any of them...only thing holding me back on the blackberry is the fact that you can only send messages of 160 characters. Not sure on many details about the Droid as far as messages and such, but the EnV sounds pretty good all around. Wasn't really sure if anyone could help me, but figured it was worth a try :/

Thanks Guys
  2. 2009silverado

2009silverado New Member

Well CornhuskerChevy, I have At&t and I am a iphone owner.iphone 3GS to be exact. I'm not to familiar with those model phones but I have a friend with your service and he has the driod and it seems to be pretty nice. If I was you I would get the iphone. Does your service still use sim cards. If so you can buy a iphone and apply Jailbrake program and use it. I love my iphone! good luck on your decision..
  3. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member

I have heard good thing from the Env, as long as you dont use it for texting..its been said it lacks on smooth operation, hitting one key and it typing another and being laggy when typing faster, but of course i know nothing about the other two..
  4. cliff334

cliff334 New Member

droid all the way my one brother just got rid of the envy touch for it my other just got rid of the new iphone for it and he was obssed with his iphones and im about to give up my blackberry storm for it.. and i love my storm but the droid is an amazing phone
  5. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

I would say the Droid or check into the LG chocolate touch. One of my co-workers got one and it looks really cool.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I don't know if they have improved the Blackberry Storm any, but I had the first one and it was HORRIBLE! The touch screen was so hard to use it wasn't even funny, and you had to close everything out a certain way other wise it would bog down and you would have to remove the battery every day to get it to work right. I have an I-Phone now and that is the Mac daddy of all phones as far as I'm concerned, but being an avid Verizon customer I am going to get the Droid for christmas.
  7. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

I am on t-Mobile but will NEVER stray from a Blackberry!! Never been a fan of the Storm, but maybe the II is better.
  8. 97chevz71

97chevz71 New Member

i dont know if you want a touch screen or not phone. But i just bou ght the casio rock that just came out on monday and i love it for what i use it for.
  9. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Get the Droid, the iPhone Killer... LoL