Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Pipes: Dual 3" w/ H-pipe

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 04SilveradoMykk, Aug 11, 2009.

1. 04SilveradoMykk

04SilveradoMykk Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey Gang,

I haven't been on for quite a while and for that I apologize. Things have been a bit hectic lately, I just flew back to the U.S. after spending 2.5 weeks in Europe. And I've been out doing the music thing, playing with new bands & musicians. And then the day job fills the rest of my spare minutes.

But, now on to the topic at hand. I figured I'd share a few pics from when I re-built my exhaust system.

As much as I hate to say it, the pipes now coming out the side of my bed are now fake :( and I intend to shave over the hole when I paint this truck soon. I discovered running all of that extra pipe with way to many bends to get out the side was just costing me to much power.

The old system, 2.5" Y-pipe into single 3" with a flowmaster super 40

[​IMG]

The new: Dual 3" pipes with H-pipe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All I can say is.... YES! The biggest improvement was after adding the H-pipe. The tone is alot deeper and more noticeable torque with an H-pipe

For your standard unmodified cruiser, going to a system this big would just make for a unsatisfactory experience. Big pipes move the power up in the RPM range at the sacrifice of off the line low end grunt.

I also finished up the ram-air project:

[​IMG]

And added a new grill:

[​IMG]

Cheers ~Mykk

2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

good god man. looks great. di you do the install or did you have it done? either way, it looks great. same with the ram air

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Those pipes dumping under the truck are gonna be loud, but somehow with the rest of the mods on the truck I dont think the noise will be an issue for ya.
    Why'd ya have to put the angle in the left pipe? It looks like it woulda fit with a straight shot using a wider "H" pipe.

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yoiur truck shouldn't have any trouble breathing! How much did the new exhaust help out the performance?

5. 04SilveradoMykk

You can see where bank one comes under the trans pan and goes over the trans crosmember, it's close to the trans heatsheild. And bank two header collector is right there too

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

New pipes dual 3 w/h pipe

Very nice and clean truck.

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

New pipes dual 3 w/h pipe

I noticed after I sent my post that your crossover pipe runs near your deep tranny pan like mine does. I installed exhaust wrap around mine and tranny temps dropped by 25 to80 degrees.

8. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

how much was it to do the ram air I really want to do it with mine

9. 04SilveradoMykk

I did the same thing, it just isn't in the photo

I pieced mine together using Spectre parts. About $125 in parts. Your truck has a different kind of V8 than mine, and a totally different fueling/induction. To ram-air yours would use a different set-up than mine, not to say you couldn't grab the air from the same place on the front of the truck.

10. shurshot

shurshot Rockstar 100 Posts

I have to say I never liked that body style of truck & hence did not purchase one. However I would have changed my mind had I saw what you did to yours! GREAT JOB! :glasses: