New project just need help finding it

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ahmitchell1, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ive decided after a lot of looking around that I wanna do a 63-67 suburban to match my 65 c10. I can't find many. I'm wanting to make it a mud toy. Someone help me I'm in the southeast

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nice choice for a project truck but I dont think many of them survived. Back then when you bought a vehicle of that size it was bought and normally used for a purpose, not like today where most trucks are just a family sedan with a bed that never gets used.
    My Dad had a 66 Suburban when we moved to the Philipeans in 66, by time we came back to the U.S. in 70 that poor truck was ready for replacement, we had 9 kids in the family and we were rough on that truck not to mention the road conditions over there, I remember the guys at the Port of San Francisco laughing about "who would ship a truck that beat up half way around the world" but it was one of the few vehicles that could haul our whole family.

3. ahmitchell1

I'm just looking for the shell too be honest I wanna shorten Its like a foot and have a single back window

4. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

When I was looking for vehicles, the nationwide craigslist search engines were my best friend! Go to yahoo or google and use the search term "nationwide craigslist search". Try one or more of the available links... all are free, but some search better than others.

5. ahmitchell1

My dad called me today n said he found one. He's going to check it out to see if the body work is my skill level. Hopefully if the roofs bad hell help me like he did on my c 10