1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New project

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by Hammermachine, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Hammermachine

Hammermachine New Member

Hi, new guy here. Just wanted to tell you guys about my new project. I picked up a 1989 stock K5 from a guy on another website in mid Jan. It is going to be a DD and off road monster when I'm done with it. Right now a buddy of mine from my off road club is replacing the valve seals and fixing whatever he finds. This weekend we are going to install a rough country 4 inch lift kit. Sweet! I can't wait to get this baby outfitted. With my budget nearly blown I'm going to pull the locker and 35's off the 1985 Blazer I have before I sell her as a parts truck. I'll update the project as we go.

Attached Files:

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sweet, I;m looking forward to the final picture. Good luck.
  3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like a great project to put up in the blog section! Look forward to the progress.. sounds like it will be a fun one!
  4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Cool truck. I love the K5's.
  5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

alright man. good lookin ride
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sharp looking Blazer, it should be a fun project. Like stated above, it would make a good "blog" topic. Good luck!
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very clean! You have a good starting point. I have an 87 K5 that I need to part with since I don't drive it anymore. I had just put a GM crate motor in it and only put about 5,000 miles on it before I parked it. I had big plans but no time and no where to store it.

Keep us updated on your progress!
  8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sounds like an awesome project. Be sure to post lots of pictures. :great:
  9. 1990 GMC Jimmy

1990 GMC Jimmy New Member

Sounds like a fun project! Good luck with it, i hope it turns out great, and i want to see pics :p
  10. Hammermachine

Hammermachine New Member

Update

So for the last two weekends Bob (mostly)and I have been struggling to remove the twenty year old leaf spring bolts. This is after soaking them for several days with penetrating oil. On each spring one bolt would refuse to come loose. Since Bob doesn't have a torch we had to finally cut them off. The delays and fact the Rough Country lift doesn't come with replacement hardware. We had to reuse some of the old hardware, some leaf spring bolts, and shock sleeves. Also the RC instructions really suck, not much detail and it never tells you that you need some of this old gear.Well because of the delays, creative thinking, cold and darkness we only were able to get the truck 3/4 done. Bob only has Sunday off so the entire project is slow. I'll keep posting as I go along.

Attached Files: