1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new project

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GM_Guy, Aug 9, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

well....... here it is. this is what I will begin working on this winter

1978 olds cutlass salon 4 door sedan. body looks good, rust free.
    has body color rally wheels w/trim rings
    nice interior, I'm going to leave it as is, only adding my oil press,water temp,and volt gauges.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice! Did you check the rear frame horns. They rot like crazy back there.

3. GM_Guy

yes, looks good. has been in a building for about 4 years
    was touchy getting it home, had no brakes at all. (master cyl must have gone bad from sitting, it had brakes when I drove it 4 years ago into this same building for the older couple I got it from)

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well have to fix that so you can move it around. Sos not to crash into house:lol:

5. GM_Guy

luckily, I can use the one off my regal

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nice, sounds like you got a good body/frame to start with. How long is that thing stem to stern?

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

nice boat indeedy. you gonna stick that beast of a motor in it? I'm imagnining it's already got a nice sized v8 in it already, but stock isn't ever enough... Then again, I would love to see 550 horsies in an S10 like you wanted to do.

8. GM_Guy

it has a v6 in it currently, the overall length on this is 197.7 inches, wheelbase 108.1 inches.

9. GM_Guy

I was bored, so I began prepping it today for the removal of the tired v6 and trans :)

I'll snap a pic in the morning

I found the original sales invoice when it was bought new, purchase price in 1978: $6599.94

10. GM_Guy

well, here's the ugly,greasy v6, beiing readied to be pulled.
    I removed the header panel, and will remove the core support, so all I'll have to do, is pull straight out the front, to save having to hassle with hood removal/alignment

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007