Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Radio Installed

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by medicmatt, Jun 29, 2012.

1. medicmatt

medicmatt Member 100 Posts

Well, I finally have my new radio 100% ready to go. I took out the stock radio and installed a Kenwood DNX6180. For those that don't know me, and that's most of you, I am not a mechanically or electrically inclined individual. This was my first attempt at wiring anything. As a general rule, the extent of my wiring is insert plug into outlet, step away.

My wiring was pretty good, only missed one minor hook up which was easy to fix. The biggest issue I ran into was that I bought an aftermarket iPod/iPhone cable because Crutchfield didn't have it in stock and found it on eBay cheaper. Well you get what you pay for. The aftermarket cable wouldn't interact properly and kept dropping connection with the radio, couldn't handle the data transfer correctly, and just was a waste. So I bought the correct cable from BestBuy and installed it. Now everything is working perfectly, and I'm thrilled. I'm thrilled because I have an in-dash navigation system now, but more importantly, I'm thrilled because I managed to do this myself.

I do have to give some thanks to [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] for putting up with some questions and helping me make sure I was looking at things the right way. You helped me a bunch man, thanks.

Here's some pictures of what it looks like now.

kenwood1.jpg kenwood2.jpg kenwood3.jpg
  2. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Looks good.

Do your steering wheel controls work with this?
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nice unit... Good luck and DON'T GET LOST!!! LOL