1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New rear shocks need suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by croach1776, Oct 24, 2011.

1. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Is this a half ton truck? You appear to want "lift" for towing. Well, you don't need any "lift". If you are not overloading the truck rear end with whatever you are hauling or towing, your best suspension assistance is with air bags from Air Lift. They don't "lift" the rear but they keep it from going down with a load.

As far as shocks, I am using Koni shocks. Have used them on several other vehicles. Most expensive shocks out there for a truck, but they are awesome. Fully adjustable.
  2. croach1776

croach1776 Member

Rear end does need some lift but I know that shocks arent the answer. Thanks for the Koni suggestion.
  3. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi, Croach:

I thought I read in another post of yours that your truck has a 4 inch lift. If it does, you have to check with the manufacturer or distributor about the shocks you buy to make sure they fit a truck with that amount of lift. (Maybe you have to go with Rancho products or a competitor, since they specialize in shocks for trucks that have been lifted.)
  4. croach1776

croach1776 Member

I think I will take it to a shop that specializes in off-road setups. Get pricing on raising the rear with appropriate shocks all around. Thanks