1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New rear springs?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by vncj96, Apr 20, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My shocks are only a couple years old but am starting to feel a little extra something when the rear hits bumps compared to the front end, and am starting to see a slight sag in the rear. Question: who has changed their springs? Did you go with factory or aftermarket or add helper springs? I rarely tow anything so that isnt really a concern as to the rear shocks going out before the fronts.
  2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member 100 Posts

I had some sag not too bad and the shocks were in need of replacing so I went with some Monroe Sensatrac with coil over helper springs.
    The cost was around $100 and I got new shock and the springs helped with the sag I didn't have to drop the leaf springs or the likes just simply replace the shocks.
    If you do a search of the forum for sensatrac you can see the thread wit the pics and all if you are interested.

You can get add a leaf kit or new springs or even get the old springs re arched but all these have their plus and minus.