New rear springs?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by vncj96, Apr 20, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My shocks are only a couple years old but am starting to feel a little extra something when the rear hits bumps compared to the front end, and am starting to see a slight sag in the rear. Question: who has changed their springs? Did you go with factory or aftermarket or add helper springs? I rarely tow anything so that isnt really a concern as to the rear shocks going out before the fronts.

2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had some sag not too bad and the shocks were in need of replacing so I went with some Monroe Sensatrac with coil over helper springs.
    The cost was around $100 and I got new shock and the springs helped with the sag I didn't have to drop the leaf springs or the likes just simply replace the shocks.
    If you do a search of the forum for sensatrac you can see the thread wit the pics and all if you are interested.

You can get add a leaf kit or new springs or even get the old springs re arched but all these have their plus and minus.