Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New rims

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nomak, Jul 21, 2012.

1. nomak

nomak New Member

I am looking to get a new set of rims for my 2005 silverado 1500. it has chrome wheels on it now and im not a big fan of them, too much polishing and not good in the winter as far as keeping them from rusting.. I was wondering what kind of wheels I would need to get that are aluminum that are clear coated so they can just be washed with a spunge and dont take all the polishing to clean like the chrome wheels do.. I have also been looking at factory wheels to get but the come in different finishes just want to make sure I get the right ones.. low maintanance easy to clean and not have to worry about rust or polishing them.. thanks..

2. nomak

nomak New Member

bump.. where at and what are a good affordable after market set of rims to buy for a 2005 chevy silverado.. any suggestions much appreciated..

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Check out Tire Rack and 4Wheelparts.com. You can also check out Craigslist and eBay as I know people have gotten some good deals on OEM rims from those places.

4. nomak

nomak New Member

Thanks for the info. I haven't bought a set of rims for a vehicle in 20 yrs so I'm out of date on what to get and where to get rims at. My truck is a 2 wheel drive and honestly I would be satisfied with factory alloy wheels..just don't like the Chrome wheels that came on my truck I bought from a private party..thanks again..

5. nancygrl

nancygrl New Member

We upgraded our '97 Silverado with 2012 Silverado wheels. Gave the ol' truck a great appearance. Got the low mile take-offs on ebay for $600 and you can get ones with tires between $1250-1450.

6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Just buy some cheap OEM rims or black steelies for the winter and keep chrome for summer IMO

7. billnorman

billnorman Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2007 Silverado POS that had the "chrome" covers and looked extremely chintzy. I put on a used set from a Cadillac which were aluminum and helped the unsprung weight and were wider, although only 17 inch. When I wore out the new Michelins that i put on them, I got a great deal on some turbine aluminum 18 inchers which I put new 285 khumo's on. Watch Craigslist, I only paid $350 with good tires. Money talks in this economy.