1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Server Coming Tomorrow - (Installed!)

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've got a new server rollout planned for tomorrow. We're going SOOOO slow when we have 300 people on the site at any one time it's getting pretty crowded and everything slows down.

The new system should take care of a lot of that and if not, it's on to dedicated server time where we are the ONLY ones on the whole box. Let's hope that it doesn't come to that, but it is what it is, huh?

UPDATE: It's installed and running!
  2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Woo hoo! Thanks Steve.
  3. ChevyFan

Yeah, now that we're getting 10k unique visitors per day, this is long overdue.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I thought the slow speed was just me being slow!! outstanding that we are at that level!
  5. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member

How much down time should we expect?
  6. ChevyFan

Ok, the new server is online and it looks like we're running about twice as fast. I'm seeing average pageloads now about 5 seconds on the bad connection that we're on.

What does everyone else think?
  7. murdog94

I noticed the difference immediately! quite a bit faster..
  8. ChevyFan

I'm plotting roughly 3x faster on some of these pageloads. Money well spent it looks like!
  9. murdog94

Now i did notice that the switch went rather quick, since this morning when i was in at 7am (my time) it was still boggy and i didnt read your post till a while after that however when you did the switch it seemed to take less than 20 min for everything. Thought this wasnt a system upgrade?? i just remeber all the trouble there has been with the switches in the past.
  10. ChevyFan

This is a hardware upgrade and not a system upgrade, so the system is the same. We're just on a faster and more robust server so we can handle it if we get 500 people here all at the same time.