1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Server Coming Tomorrow - (Installed!)

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok i now understand well enough HAHA....
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Is this also going to address the problem of the new posts sometimes dissappearing after only 30 minutes or an hour?
  3. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i just thought it was just my slow a$$ computer!!!!
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have no idea what you're talking about. maybe it's just your posts that disappear so I never saw it. This is a server upgrade to make things go faster.
  5. stephan

It's not just my posts Steve. It's all of them. It will be normal for a time & show 3 or 4 pages of the most recent posts, & then it will cut them down to just a few posts on a single page, & eventually there will be none. This happens even though people have made posts within the last few hours & even the last 15 or 20 minutes. I get the V-bulletin message that there are "no new posts". I have seen a few other posters mention this (I think "canilupsis" is one that described it) This started happening right after the site did a repair patch on a Monday morning in November (either 4 or 5 weeks ago now.) Before that, everything was working normally. I have/had no complaints on the speed. I never noticed the speed problem because slow is a relative thing to me, everything is slow with my pc & net connection lol
  6. murdog94

I know now what your problem has been, you are looking at the new posts, and if you have already been into the new posts section and come back a little period later then the ones that have "timed" out will no longer be posted. It isnt a matter of how long ago they were made it is a matter of how long you have been logged into the site. Try just using the todays posts feature and you shouldnt have any issues. that will give you the most current posts in cronological order.
  7. stephan

Thanks for your reply Mike. This timed out part is making sense to me, because when I first come here & start answering ques there are 4 or 5 pages of posts, & like you say the more I answer & the more times I go back to "new posts" the fewer there are.

I don't have the "Todays Posts" button anymore Mike.. That is one of the things they changed on the patch weeks ago & that is when this problem started because I had to resort to the "New Posts" button.. Everything worked fine when the "Todays Posts" button was there but it dissappeared when they did the patch. The only time I see the "New Posts" button now, is when I first come here, but BEFORE I log in. Once I have logged in, it's gone & the site gives me a different layout.
  8. murdog94

Hmm well that has something to do with your comp. I have similar issues with my work computer at one work station... But everywhere else is normal.
  9. stephan

My computer? I would have thought that was a possibility if I'd had this problem with the site from day one, but why did it work fine for 2 months on this site, then just happen the day they did the site repair patch?
  10. murdog94

Different software equals a different resolution. And that is why my work computer was fine as well and then i had this problem...