1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New shocks are ordered!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevyman2004, May 1, 2011.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member 100 Posts

So i finally got my new shocks ordered. After much research i decided on the Bilsteins. i think i got a good deal from autopartswharehouse.com. i bought all 4 for $290. can't wait to get them on and see how much the ride improves. :sign0011:
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey man let me know how it ride's because adding different shock's is another thing i might do to my truck also since Rough Country's shocks pretty much are garbage but other than that i love the lift.
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Which Bilstein's did you decide on? the 5100s or the HDs?
  4. chevyman2004

i got the hd's
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That sounds like a good deal. I'm sure you will like them.
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah let us know how they are, I'm thinking of picking up a set for my truck.
  7. chevyman2004

I finally got my shocks via UPS. Took a little longer than i would have liked but better late than never. Now I gotta find the time to get 'em on. Shouldn't be too bad i hope, maybe an afternoon? Any of u guys put them on and any tips or things i should know be4 i tackle them?
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Let us know when you get them on... What did you have on before? How many miles on them?
  9. Tj07classic

Tj07classic New Member

did you get shocks to fit you leveling kit? i need to get shocks for my 07 with 90,000 i believe they are original. let us know how they are.
  10. chevyman2004

I am replacing the originals after 66,000 miles. doesn't seem like a lot of miles be4 the shocks started leaking but i think whoever owned the truck be4 me was pretty hard on it. they look like the same size as the oems when compared side by side so they should fit nicely.
    Last edited: May 15, 2011