New Shocks??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Bowtie69, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Bowtie69

Bowtie69 New Member

I am putting a 3" leveling kit on my 2010 Silverado LT 1500. Do I need to put longer shocks on the front of my truck? If so, what would be the best shock to use. I do quite a bit of towing and hauling. Appreciate any advice I can get.

Bill
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

what kind of leveling kit?
    rancho makes a quick lift strut thats pretty comparable in price to a leveling kit, except it replaces your whole shock/strut assembly vs adding a spacer
  3. Bowtie69

Bowtie69 New Member

I was looking at a kit from Heavy Metal. Looks like it mounts on the bottom of the shock/strut assembly.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

ive done coil spacers, strut spacers, and the rancho strut, on vehicles of mine and friends, and ive got to say, the rancho strut is the way to go, check it out.... they have some specs to on it about how its actually better for your vehicle vs a spacer, due to how your control arm angles or something like that are affected...
    my friends truck probably has another 5,000 on it now with those ranchos and he loves it, also you can tune the shock with 9 different settings
  5. Bowtie69

Bowtie69 New Member

Thanks Reggie. I checked out the Rancho Rs999901 strut. Info says it is not compatible with the Z71 suspension package, which I have. The rear shocks they recommend will. Any suggestions for the front or am I not looking hard enough?

- - - Updated - - -

To Jahan Kalif........English dude, English
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

hmmmm.... well then im guessing your only option would be a strut spacer, check out, autoanything.com theyve got alot of brands for leveling kits on there